- The Free Zone Activity License Application Form is filled in by being obtained from the website of the Ministry of Trade.
- 5,000$ application fee is deposited into the Free Zones Special account of the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey with a petition.
- Activity License Application Form and its annexes are sent to İzmir Free Zone Directorate and Republic of Turkey Ministry of Commerce General Directorate of Free Zones.
APPLICATION ON BEHALF OF THE COMPANY
The completed Application Form and the documents requested on the first page of the form (Trade Registry Gazette, signature circular, profit/loss balance sheets for the last three years, documents showing the amount of foreign currency brought to Turkey in the last three years, if any, the GTIP numbers of the goods to be brought and sold in the region, production flow chart for the manufacturing companies and the letter of introduction of the company) are submitted to the Izmir Free Zone Directorate to be sent to the T.R. General Directorate of Free Zones of the Ministry of Commerce.
As a result of the evaluation of the application from the General Directorate of Free Zones of the Ministry of Commerce of the Republic of Turkey, a "letter of conformity" is sent to the company. The company, which wants to move the headquarters of the company to İzmir Free Zone, makes the necessary address change in its articles of association following the "letter of conformity".
APPLICATION ON BEHALF OF THE NEW COMPANY
In the annex of the completed Application Form, an introductory letter describing the company and the activity to be carried out in the region, a production flow chart for the manufacturing companies, GTIP numbers of the goods to be brought and sold in the region, a Central Bank receipt of 5,000$, a draft of the company's articles of association and signature declarations of the company partners are added. With all documents, it is delivered to İzmir Free Zone Directorate to be sent to TR Ministry of Commerce General Directorate of Free Zones.
Following the "letter of conformity" from the General Directorate of Free Zones of the Ministry of Commerce of the Republic of Turkey, an application is made to the Menemen Trade Registry Office for the registration of the company.
- After the company comes back to İZBAŞ together with the Trade Registry Gazette (or the clipping provided that it will be published), the process of renting a place or purchasing a place in the region is carried out within 30 days following the "Compliance letter".
- The lease agreement or the notarized title deed indicating that the place has been purchased is sent to the General Directorate of Free Zones of the Ministry of Commerce of the Republic of Turkey for the issuance of the Operating License after the approval of the Izmir Free Zone Directorate.
- With the issuance of the license, the accounting books required to be kept in accordance with the Tax Procedure Law are taken and approved by the notary public and notified to the Tax Office. The finance controlled invoice is printed.
- Free Zone inventory book is printed and approved by İzmir Free Zone Directorate and İzmir Free Zone Customs Directorate. Items arriving in the Free Zone and items leaving the Free Zone are recorded in this book in order of date.
- The Company applies to İzmir Free Zone Directorate for its personnel and receives a ‘Free Zone Entrance Card’.
In order for the vehicles of the company to enter the Free Zone, a form taken from İZBAŞ is filled and "Transire Stamp" is obtained.
ESTABLISHMENT OF COMPANIES IN TURKEY OR FREE ZONE BY NATURAL OR LEGAL PERSONS ABROAD
- Legal entities abroad:
- Document proving that the activity is in progress
- Activity Report of the previous year (including the balance sheet and field of activity of the previous year)
- Consular approved documents with the signature of the authorized person
- Real persons abroad: Photocopy of passport
- Draft agreement of the company to be founded
- Proforma invoices, manuals and catalogues of machines, goods or equipment to be imported and FOB(country currency), FOB (US Dollar), CIF (Turkish Lira), Customs duties and related fees
- Power of attorney given by the shareholders to the person to be contacted during the application (the power of attorney must be notarized)
- Other documents that are thought to be important.